Have you decided that it’s time to get out of the World of Chemically Treating and Damaging your hair and become another Member of the Natural Hair Movement. Well let me first “WELCOME YOU TO THE WORLD OF NATURAL HAIR AND ALL OF ITS FUN AND GLORY!!!!”. Okay now that we got that out the way, let’s get into the proper way to transition your hair to its Natural State.
Now that the idea to go natural has moved from just being a thought or idea, and now there is action being put behind it, you have to figure out where to start right? The first order of Business to get out of the way is which method you would like to use to achieve a end result of 100% Natural… Hmmmmmm…..Thinking…….Hmmmmmm….??????
THE BIG CHOP – This is the method I personal used and believe is the best way to truly achieve your natural strands. But I do also understand that becoming natural and becoming comfortable with seeing yourself in the mirror daily with your hair in it’s natural state is not easy at all. So “THE BIG CHOP METHOD”, just might be a little too much for someone who is taking the journey for the very first time.
WHAT’S THE BENEFITS OF THE BIG CHOP METHOD:
- You finally get to take a break for rushing each and every morning to get your hair done and out of the door on time.
- You remove all of the chemically treated hair and BOOM!!! you are natural fast, easy and simple.
- Your scalp finally get’s the attention it deserves, scalp massages, direct treatment just a whole lot of TLC, that it has missed out on.
- You are able to train your hair and start a hair routine from the very start of your journey.
- Your hair grows 3x faster if you ask me.
THE TRANSITION – Let’s be honest with ourselves Gurls!!!!, to go through the transition process you have to have time, patience, time, patiences and a little extra patience that you purchased from the “HAVE PATIENCE THRIFT STORE”LOL!!!! –
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF TRANSITIONING:
- You can retain your length while you are in the processes of transitioning your hair back to its natural state.
- You can still enjoy half and 3 quarter wigs and sue-in weaves.
- You can braid your way into the the Natural World. Wash, Braid, Leave Braids In, Remove Braids, Access New Growth, Cut Damaged Ends.
- Side Note: If you will maintain braids through your transition this method will not seem so bad. My general rule is if you see 3in of New Growth, Cut Three Inches of Ends. This way you can get all of the chemically treated hair cut away and be well on your way to a head full of natural hair.