THE BIG QUESTION IS DOES MARIJUANA, CANNABIS, WEED, LOUD ETC. LOL, CAUSE HAIR LOSS?
The subject of weed/cannabis is a subject that never seems to die down or get old. I can’t think of one generation who did not find an overwhelming amount of uses for the natural plant. You can almost build a list as high as the Empire State Building just on the different things marijuana can be used to treat. You can find a list of uses all over the internet, library’s, Alternative Medicine Doctor’s Offices, and I sure can’t recall ever seeing a booklet or any piece of literature for that matter discussing Marijuana promoting or aiding in stimulating hair growth. Now if you are anything like me, than I’m sure you can find twenty five Marijuana Smokers before you get to your Corner Store. So Honey Boo Boo Child, This is for the Smokers who are struggling with their natural hair, and so happen to be their own worst enemy. THE RESEARCH & FACTS Now when this question crossed My mind, and I decided that I was going to bring this topic up I realized I was going to have to come with My boxing gloves and head gear on for this post. I’m sure this will come as a shocker to many people. As a good friend of mines love to say “The Proof Is In, The Pudding” #Rashawn » The first place I searched for information was ……… You Guessed It……. Amsterdam, who better to ask then the marijuana Capital of the World. I found that this question was already a topic of research in Amsterdam for several years. According to The University of Amsterdam’s completed research study showed that regular us of marijuana linked directly to hair loss. Also the Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology learned during their study that marijuana is also the reason of the change in hair texture that many, long time marijuana smokers experience. I know this post may be considered a damper to many people Daily routines, regardless this topic is one that is not only important because many people still believe that there can be no harm or no negative aspects of marijuana usage at all because as Mr. Chris Tucker stated “GOD PUT IT HERE FOR ME AND YOU” J. CONCLUSION” If your goal is to grow and maintain a healthy head of natural hair than sacrifice’s are required or extra work will be required to make up for the lack of sacrifices being made. WHAT YOU CAN DO TO PROTECT YOUR HAIR FOR THE DAMAGE MARIJUANA CAUSES? I know that we have our group of folks, who are not going to stop using marijuana not even for the sake of growing out that healthy, shinny fro they have always dreamed of. So I’ve put together a nice little list of things that you can do to help protect your hair from your recreational activities. Before we can answer the question of what we can do to protect the hair from marijuana usage, we first have to understand how it damages our hair.
- I’m sure everyone knows that saying “Too much of anything is never good for you” Well this saying stands true in this case. Marijuana can change the condition of the skin, hair and scalp. Marijuana is a depressant that can cause lower libido.
- Studies have shown that smoking marijuana negatively affects multiple hormonal systems within the body, which can lead to side effects such as hair loss, acne and in males a decrease in facial hair.
- Marijuana usage and the general toxicity has also linked to hair loss and shedding. The carcinogen content has been shown to slow cell proliferation in the hair follicles, this causing significant hair loss due to the follicle entering the telogen state (the resting phase of the hair growth life-cycle) – Which is temporary, when marijuana usage is stopped the hair follicle will enter back into its regular growth cycles.
Now that we have three of the major ways marijuana use can prevent hair growth, and promote hair loss and shedding, lets discuss what we can do to keep our hair where it belongs, on our heads.
- Stop using marijuana all together
- Do not over condition or soften the hair and hair follicles – Marijuana causes the hair follicles to be weak causing baldness
- Keep your hair in protective hairstyles – This will prevent combing, pulling etc. You want to leave the hair alone as much as possible.
- Stay Hydrated – Because you will not be able to deep condition or condition as much as you normally world you will need your hair to generate as much natural moisture and oils as possible.
- Multi Vitamins – Multi Vitamins will help replenish any vitamins and nutrients that you may be lacking due to marijuana usage.
If you have any other information or if you have experience Marijuana and Hair Loss, leave a comment we love hearing and learning from our visitors. Don’t forget to like us on Facebook and Follow Us on Twitter. Make sure you register to stay updated on our latest blog post, and upcoming product line information. Register