So “2018” came in with a “BANG”and some seriously cold weather, you may not believe it but just as shocked as you were that the temperatures have dropped to “NOTHING DEGREES” LOL!!, Your hair is just as shocked, and will need a little extra TLC if you want to keep those healthy strands on your scalp, on your scalp if you understand what I mean. These low temps and taxing on the hair.
This post is just to give a few ideas of some really nice protective hairstyles that are fast, quick and easy but most importantly versatile enough to rock for any purpose or occasion. If you are anything like me winter is not the most fun part of the year, and all of this cold weather really causes me to slow drag at everything that I have to do including dealing with my hair.
So I personally needed to look through my hair styles and even some of my friends hairstyles to determine which three styles would allow me minimum time, all purpose and protective. I also factored in a hairstyle that can be kept nice and neat for up to a week as long as you tie your hair down before bed.
- MY GO TO HAIRSTYLE – This style is simple takes less than five minutes to get done, you can even slay those edges throw a little hair jewelry in your two twist and be off to the races.
- Part hair into two (2) Sections – The part can be placed where ever you feel comfortable.
- Slay Those Edges
- Start Your 2 strand flat twist all the way to the back of your head
- Long Hair – Create a cute little bun , you can also cross the two ends and pin them up in a Partial Halo
- Short Hair – Get two cloth hair bands and place them at the very tips of your hair
- Get two Pins and cross the two end pieces of hair and pin until you can no longer visibly see the ends of your hair.
- Go back over your edges and “OFF TO THE RAISES YOU GO”
2. GODDESS BRAIDS – This style is perfect for the cold weather it protects your Natural Strands and lays your hair down enough to enjoy a wide selection of hats. Note: If you LOVE WOOL HATS, Like me make sure to keep a sattan cap underneath your hats. WOOL will still cause damage to your hair even with a protective hairstyle. I had this professional done at a salon and is lasted about two weeks. What I can tell you is if you are caring for your hair properly when you get styles like Braids etc. You notice that new growth comes in twice as fast.
3. EMERGENCY FRO – This is honestly my I got out of “BED REALLY REALLY REALLY LATE FOR WORK, AND I HAVE A TOTAL OF 1 HOUR TO GET MY LIFE HAIRSTYLE“
My emergency fro is super simple to achieve and it can be done on freshly washed hair or not so fresh hair.
- Section your hair into 4 to 5 sections
- Moisturized with Water, Leave in conditioner, and oil – You only want the hair to be DAMP
- 2 strand twist each section let air dry while you finish snatching your life back in the morning.
- Once you are dressed and your face is BEAT TO THE GODs – FYI – Was not Sky’s case in the photo #IJS let me be the first one to say it.
- Take your twist out and style – when you are done “RUN OUT THE DOOR AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!!!!! – CAUSE BOO BOO STANK STANK YOU LATE OKAY!!!!, LOL!!!